Safety focused. Mobility Driven.
About the Role
ANTHEM Consulting Engineers, PLLC is seeking an experienced Senior Roadway Engineer with Maintenance of Traffic specialization to join our team! You will collaborate with our design teams, project managers, and other clients on a variety of transportation safety and community improvement projects meeting all regulatory criteria. The desired candidate has delivered Florida Department of Transportation projects as a Roadway Engineer of Record and possesses the ability to deliver projects from the pursuit phase to post design services.
Join the “A-Team” and work alongside others who share your passion to support communities through exciting and unique transportation projects!
- Collaborate with project pursuit teams to procure FDOT contracts through project research, writeups, field reviews, technical panel sessions, interviews, Q&A’s, and other meetings
- Working on highway design and creating multi-phase Maintenance of Traffic plans using MicroStation, OpenRoads designer
- Determine the feasibility of designs and analyze engineering documents, roadway geometry, roadside conditions, and other constraints
- Analyze engineering and historic documents, roadway geometry, roadside conditions, crash data, stakeholders, and other constraints to plan and design roadway improvements and temporary traffic control from concept to post-design
- Conduct peer, constructability, and cursory reviews, and resolve issues concerning conflicting design requirements, specifications and/or difficult coordination requirements
- Prepare plans, specifications, quantities, cost estimates, planning and other documentation
- Understand the shop drawing review process and technical design criteria procedures
Actively licensed Professional Engineer (P.E.) or ability to obtain within six months
10 to 15 years of relevant temporary traffic control and roadway design experience
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in Civil Engineering or related field
Excellent technical writing, technology, interpersonal and communication skills
Detailed, client-first team player with the ability to contribute to a positive work environment
Demonstrates proficiency in design and analysis of FDOT temporary traffic control schemes, and roadway and safety implementation design standards
Experience in FDOT design technology and deliverables including CADD, and design and analysis software
About the Company
ANTHEM Consulting Engineers, PLLC is an Orlando-based engineering consulting firm founded in 2021. ANTHEM's leadership blends over 50 years of combined experience as Design Engineers, Project Managers, and in-house GEC Technical Design Leads while proudly serving clients in the public, private and industrial sectors in the transformation of infrastructure for all.
Our firm is owner-operated and aspires to create an environment that provides quality service and exceeds the expectations of our partners and employees. We prioritize and encourage safety, innovation, inclusivity, creativity, and reliability as a team of four. With a goal set to succeed, we are creatively transforming the world we envision, design, and experience to form a reputation in which ANTHEM is the ideal 21st-century engineering firm for our community and partners.
As we continue to grow, we seek talented and motivated professionals to work on exciting projects while expanding their careers. ANTHEM is where opportunities commend passion, talent, and reliability for personal and professional growth in a company built for strategic advancement. Ready to join?
- FDOT Work Groups 3.1, 3,2, and 3.3 Prequalification
- FDOT Certified Small Business Enterprise (SBE)
- FDOT Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE)
- State of Florida Minority Business Enterprise (MBE)
- Vendor with FDOT, Florida’s Turnpike Enterprise (FTE), Central Florida Expressway Authority (CFX), City of Orlando, Orange, Seminole, Lake, and Osceola counties
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Holiday Pay
- Parental Leave
- Workers Compensation Insurance
- Bonus Programs
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Remote Work Stipend
- Training and Professional Licensing Assistance
- Company Events
- Professional Societies
- Community Involvement Opportunities
ANTHEM Consulting Engineers, PLLC is an equal-opportunity employer. We are committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse, inclusive workforce. ANTHEM provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
*Exact compensation may vary based on skills, experience, and location.